While talking about the Leadership-Ambition gap, in her book “Lean In,” Sheryl Sandberg aptly remarks, “Professional ambition is expected of men but is optional — or worse, sometimes even a negative — for women.” I can truly vouch for this statement as I come from a very conservative culture. I realized that if I wanted to make something meaningful of my life and have an impact on society, I would have to find a more supportive community of like-minded people with similar values. I realized that to start even thinking about the bigger picture, I had to educate myself...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- The economic impact of the coronavirus February 18, 2020The health impact of the coronavirus is well-documented, but what is the potential impact on international trade and the global economy? Assistant Professor Ruomeng Cui discusses the effect of the virus on supply chains. The post The economic impact of the coronavirus appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.
- Know Your Network: Alumni sweethearts make the ultimate connection February 14, 2020Valentine’s Day holds a special place in the hearts of many graduates of Goizueta Business School. On this day filled with flowers, candy, and acts of kindness, alumni couples who met or got to know each other better during their studies and later married reflect on their meeting, school, and the joy of shared memories. […]
- Goizueta Business School names new chief business, analytics, and operations officer February 14, 2020ATLANTA, GA – (February 14, 2020) – On March 16, Robin Dittmann, who is currently the chief financial officer at the University of Minnesota Law School, will join Emory University’s Goizueta Business School as the new chief business, analytics, and operations officer. Erika H. James, the John H. Harland Dean of Goizueta Business School, announced […]
- Goizueta students among top teams in competition at the intersection of business and healthcare February 11, 2020Two Goizueta students, Rosilyn Chirayath 20MBA and Brian Murphy 20MBA, helped their teams win top prizes at Goizueta Healthcare Association’s Business Plan Competition on January 24 by leveraging their life experiences to create viable business ideas. The post Goizueta students among top teams in competition at the intersection of business and healthcare appeared first on […]
- A judge working for justice for young offenders headlines 2020 MLK awards ceremony February 6, 2020Chief Judge Asha F. Jackson founded Project Pinnacle, a mandatory program for non-violent offenders under 25 years old. The post A judge working for justice for young offenders headlines 2020 MLK awards ceremony appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.