On April 9, 2018, Sen. Tammy Duckworth became the first United States senator to give birth while serving in office. In the months leading up to this occasion, she led efforts to create more parent-friendly work environment. Most notably, she garnered support for a policy change that would allow senators to bring their infant children along to vote (typically, only senators and select staff are allowed in the Senate chamber during votes).
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- The Fine Art of the RAISE May 29, 2020When startup companies’ growth accelerates rapidly, debt or equity capital often emerges as a top priority. On May 15, seven regional businesses earned the right to pitch their strategic plans and funding goals to an invitation-only audience of investors during the first ever virtual RAISE Forum. RAISE, which stands for Retention and Advanced Investment for […]
- Goizueta Corporate Think Tank focuses on managing data science teams May 28, 2020In 2020, the Goizueta Business School launched its “corporate think tank,” an initiative to provide business with research and insights into challenges leaders in the business community face. The think tank represents a shift in the relationship between a business school and businesses—one that ultimately will strengthen existing relationships built on schools providing interns and […]
- From global citizen to entrepreneur: Alum JD Kim shares his vision May 26, 2020Jongdae “JD” Kim 07Ox 11C 17EvMBA grew up in South Korea and the United States, where he was born. He carries both U.S. and South Korean passports, and served two-years of mandatory military service in South Korea. Growing up, Kim questioned his identity: was he Korean? American? How could he reconcile his dual identities? “I […]
- The Urgent IMPACT of Emory’s COVID-19 Telemedicine Growth May 20, 2020As 2020 began, the world was just waking up to the harsh medical realities of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. Goizueta’s IMPACT class traditionally takes on one or more real-world business problems to evaluate in cooperation with sponsoring organizations. For the 2020 cohort of students in the MEMBA IMPACT class, “The lines between work […]
- Savannah Standifer 20BBA navigates marketing and rodeo barrels May 14, 2020Savannah Standifer 20BBA has been riding horses as long as she can remember. She grew up on a farm in Fayetteville, GA, and was 7 years old when she told her parents she wanted to be a professional rodeo barrel racer. They laughed it off. When she was 10 years old, she told them again. […]