Over winter break, I participated in an international colloquium sponsored by Social Enterprise @ Goizueta. Professor Peter Roberts led 20 Evening MBA students through Guatemala and El Salvador to learn about social entrepreneurship and specialty coffee in these countries.
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Will tiny houses solve the Atlanta affordable housing issue? November 27, 2020“Urban sprawl has triggered a global initiative to create affordable walking neighborhoods within cities that offer a variety of housing options close to employment, hospitality, and entertainment,” said Dirk Brown 90MBA, former president of the Emory Alumni Board and an outspoken advocate for the tiny house movement. “Construction trends have not kept pace with consumer […]
- Serial entrepreneur Charlie Goetz on why now is a good time to start a business November 24, 2020Charlie Goetz, senior lecturer in organization and management and distinguished lecturer in entrepreneurship, is a serial entrepreneur, an active investor in more than a dozen businesses, and partner in an African nonprofit focused on developing healthcare solutions for Africans. Goetz is responsible for starting and building new ventures in a number of industries, including banking, […]
- Why are U.S. corporate boards under-diversified? November 23, 2020Research tells us that firms with diverse workforces generally outperform those that do not. And in recent years, corporate America has taken significant strides towards greater heterogeneity in the employee base. But a problem remains at the top. U.S. boardrooms remain overwhelmingly Anglo Saxon and male. No less than 81 percent of the Standard & […]
- “Creating Your Personal Brand” with solopreneur Ashley Freeman 18EvMBA November 23, 2020“Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room,” said Ashley Freeman 18EvMBA to women participants during the recent “Creating Your Personal Brand” virtual workshop hosted by Emory’s Goizueta Business School Evening MBA program office. Freeman is the founder of Flourishing Work LLC. Through interactive exercises, Freeman coached participants […]
- Meet the Entrepreneur: William Hockey 12BBA November 20, 2020November 16-22 is Global Entrepreneurship Week and to celebrate, EmoryBusiness is sharing stories of Goizueta Business School’s innovative programming and highlighting faculty and alumni entrepreneurs. Editor’s note: Since this story was first published, Hockey and co-founder Zach Perret sold Plaid to VISA for $5.3 billion. From an early age, William Hockey 12BBA was fascinated with building things—and […]