On April 9, 2018, Sen. Tammy Duckworth became the first United States senator to give birth while serving in office. In the months leading up to this occasion, she led efforts to create more parent-friendly work environment. Most notably, she garnered support for a policy change that would allow senators to bring their infant children along to vote (typically, only senators and select staff are allowed in the Senate chamber during votes).
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Know Your Network: Alumni sweethearts make the ultimate connection February 14, 2020Valentine’s Day holds a special place in the hearts of many graduates of Goizueta Business School. On this day filled with flowers, candy, and acts of kindness, alumni couples who met or got to know each other better during their studies and later married reflect on their meeting, school, and the joy of shared memories. […]
- Goizueta Business School names new chief business, analytics, and operations officer February 14, 2020ATLANTA, GA – (February 14, 2020) – On March 16, Robin Dittmann, who is currently the chief financial officer at the University of Minnesota Law School, will join Emory University’s Goizueta Business School as the new chief business, analytics, and operations officer. Erika H. James, the John H. Harland Dean of Goizueta Business School, announced […]
- Goizueta students among top teams in competition at the intersection of business and healthcare February 11, 2020Two Goizueta students, Rosilyn Chirayath 20MBA and Brian Murphy 20MBA, helped their teams win top prizes at Goizueta Healthcare Association’s Business Plan Competition on January 24 by leveraging their life experiences to create viable business ideas. The post Goizueta students among top teams in competition at the intersection of business and healthcare appeared first on […]
- A judge working for justice for young offenders headlines 2020 MLK awards ceremony February 6, 2020Chief Judge Asha F. Jackson founded Project Pinnacle, a mandatory program for non-violent offenders under 25 years old. The post A judge working for justice for young offenders headlines 2020 MLK awards ceremony appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.
- But did it trend on Twitter? February 4, 2020The Bloomberg and Trump campaigns purchased the only two political ads that aired during Super Bowl 2020. Professor David Schweidel tracked the responses to those ads on social media. The post But did it trend on Twitter? appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.